THE WIZARD OF OZ
1. Good afternoon, Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank you for coming. Welcome to the wonderful world of Oz. Hope you have a good time enjoying our show.
2. Once upon a time there was a young lady called Dorothy. She lived with her uncle and aunt in a farm in Kansas.
3. Dorothy had a little dog, Toto. Toto was always running away because he was a naughty dog.
4. One day, a neighbour went to Dorothy’s farm and told the family that, if the dog appeared again in her garden, she would kill him.
5. Dorothy was very scared of those words. She loved Toto and didn’t want the neighbour kill the dog. She was always watching over him.
6. Dorothy dreamt of travelling abroad to see other worlds. She was bored of living in Kansas.
Song 1- Over the rainbow.
7. Toto escaped again. Dorothy ran behind him. Both arrived at a circus where Dorothy met a fortune teller.
8. The fortune teller told Dorothy she had to return home immediately, as her aunt was in danger.
9. Dorothy and Toto went back home in no time at all. She was very worried about her family.
10. Suddenly, a twister appeared out of nowhere. Dorothy’s family hid themselves in a twister cellar, so, Dorothy didn’t find them.
11. Dorothy ran into her home to hide herself from the twister. Once in the house, she bumped on her head with a window and she passed out.
12. The twister pulled the house out and threw it to the sky. Dorothy saw all her family and friends flying through the sky.
13. Finally, after a long time going round and round, the house landed. Dorothy woke up and went off the house.
14. Bellow the house, there was a crushed lady. She was wearing a pair of ruby sleepers. Then, she realised she wasn’t at Kansas.
15. Suddenly, the Good Witch of the North appeared. She was very happy because the Wicked Witch of the East was dead.
16. The Good Witch of the North explained Dorothy where they were and that the crushed lady was the Wicked Witch of the East.
Song 2 – The Munchking sequence
17. Out of nowhere appeared another witch: the Wicked Witch of the West. She was very upset with Dorothy.
18. The Wicked Witch of the West wanted the ruby sleepers, but, the Good Witch of the North, magically, put them on Dorothy’s toes. The sleepers will be the key to go back home.
19. The Wicked Witch of the West vanished, but first, she promised to kill Dorothy and reclaim the ruby sleepers.
Song 3 – Follow the yellow brick road.
20. Dorothy, following the advice of the Munchkings, decided to follow the yellow brick road to see the Wizard of Oz in Emerald City.
. 21. She was told that the Wizard of Oz would grant her the wish of returning to Kansas.
22. What Dorothy didn’t know was that the Wicked Witch of the West would spy her during the whole trip
23. On her way to see the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy heard a voice. At first, she didn’t know who was talking.
24. Then, she realised it was the voice of a scarecrow who was hung in a field of wheat.
25. The scarecrow wanted to join Dorothy to see the Wizard of Oz because he didn’t have a brain. He wanted to ask for a brain.
Song 4 – If I only had a brain.
26. Together, Dorothy and the scarecrow made their way to Emerald City, while the Wicked Witch of the West tried to capture them without success.
27. Dorothy and the scarecrow were walking down the yellow brick road when, suddenly, saw a tin man.
28. The tin man was rusty. He spent many years by the rain and wind. Dorothy put oil in each joint of the tin man’s body.
29. The tin man began to react. He started moving his arms, legs and mouth. He could speak at last!
30. The tin man introduced himself to Dorothy and the scarecrow. He was so happy and thank them for having rescued him.
31. Dorothy and the scarecrow told the tin man they were going to Emerald City to see the Wizard of Oz.
32. The tin man wanted to join them because he didn’t have a heart. He wanted to ask the Wizard of Oz for a heart.
Song 5 – If I only had a heart
33. Dorothy, the scarecrow and the tin man continued their way to Emerald City. Meanwhile, they were watched over by the Wicked Witch of the West at all times.
34. In the middle of the yellow brick road appeared a lion. At first, Dorothy, the scarecrow and the tin man were very afraid of him.
35. But immediately, Dorothy, the scarecrow and the tin man realised that he was a very calmed lion.
36. It was the lion who was afraid of everything, including Dorothy, the scarecrow and the tin man.
37. Dorothy tried to speak to him. But the lion, trembling, hid himself behind a tree.
38. When he was calmed, the lion could speak to them. When he knew they went to see the Wizard of Oz, he wanted to join them.
39. He was a very coward lion and he wanted to ask the Wizard of Oz for a nerve.
Song 6 – If I only had a nerve.
40. They continued together their trip and problems started to happen. The Wicked Witch of the West put them a lot of traps to kill them.
41. Dorothy, the scarecrow, the tin man and the lion escaped of every of those traps by helping each other,
42. The Wicked Witch of the West could not stand it. Her anger was bigger and bigger!
43. The Wicked Witch of the West would use her guards to capture Dorothy. With the help of the soldiers and the flying monkeys everything would be as planned.
44. Meanwhile, the four friends arrived to Emerald City and they went to see the Wizard of Oz.
45. The Wizard of Oz listened to their petitions but didn’t help them. What the friends didn’t know was that the Wizard was an impostor.
46. In that moment, the Wicked Witch of the west arrived at Emerald City and captured Dorothy. None of them could avoid it.
47. The scarecrow, the tin man and the lion ran immediately behind them. They made it to the witch’s castle.
48. The friends made up a plan. With Toto’s help they rescued Dorothy. They fought against the soldiers and the flying monkeys.
49. The friends won the fight. The Wicked Witch of the West appeared. She tried to kill them but something went wrong.
50. Dorothy, to avoid the scarecrow being burnt, threw at him a bucket of water. That water melted accidentally the Wicked Witch of the West.
Song 7 – The Witch is dead.
51. Dorothy, the scarecrow, the tin man and the lion went back to Emerald City to see the Wizard of Oz again.
52. Once in Emerald City, the four friends found out that the Wizard of Oz was a fake wizard.
53. The friends were very disappointed but, the wizard told them something that would make them change their minds.
54. The scarecrow didn’t need to ask for a brain because he planned Dorothy’s rescue. The tin man loved Dorothy. Actually, he had a heart!
55. The lion didn’t need to ask for a nerve. He had the courage to face the Wicked Witch of the West.
56. The Wizard told Dorothy to go back to Kansas with him in a hot-air balloon. But the strings untied and the Wizard vanished through the sky without Dorothy.
57. Suddenly, the Good Witch of the North appeared. She told Dorothy to hit the ruby sleepers against them and repeat a sentence: there’s no place like home.
58. Magically, Dorothy appeared in Kansas again. She had been sleeping for days. But, she knew it wasn’t a dream. She was truly in Oz and she would remember it forever.
59. This is the End of the story of the Wizard of Oz. hope you liked it. See you in another show. Bye!